March Networks, a global provider of intelligent IP video solutions, is pleased to announce its new RideSafe solution for bus, para-transit, and passenger rail. A true enterprise-class video surveillance offering, March Networks RideSafe provides transportation agencies with comprehensive oversight across their entire operation including on transit vehicles, and in stations, depots, and park-and-rides.
The intelligent video solution enables operators to maintain the highest security for passengers and employees, respond quickly to emergency situations, and resolve liability claims faster and more cost-effectively with integrated case management and vehicle metadata evidence.
Drawing on more than a decade of experience providing high-performance solutions to transportation agencies worldwide, March Networks has designed RideSafe to deliver advanced features and innovations that set a new standard for transit surveillance. These include the ability to:
• Manage all onboard and wayside video assets conveniently and efficiently with a single video management software solution. With the introduction of March Networks Command™ for Transit, transportation agencies can manage both mobile and fixed March Networks recording platforms. The software comes complete with a powerful, browser-based interface that eliminates the need to install additional client software on users’ systems, supports mass configuration, and makes software upgrades quick and easy.
• Ensure video is there when it’s needed. The new RideSafe GT Series Hybrid Transit NVR platform delivers ‘transit-tough’ reliability for bus and passenger rail environments. Proven to withstand severe shock, vibration, dust and moisture to J1455 and IP65 standards, the ruggedized recording platform provides a host of data protection features including internal battery backup, hard-drive mirroring and real-time health monitoring via the Command software.
• Transition from analog to high-definition IP video surveillance. The new RideSafe GT Series is a hybrid recording platform able to support from 8 to 20 video channels with multiple analog/IP combinations. Transit operators can upgrade the mobile systems to increase IP camera capacity without purchasing additional NVRs; a cost-effective advantage for strategic IP camera adoption. The recorders integrate seamlessly with March Networks’ portfolio of new, high-performance IP cameras, including the IR Wedge, IR MicroDome, Forward Facing and HD WDR NanoDome, purpose-built for mobile environments.
• Reduce service and maintenance costs. Augmenting RideSafe’s unparalleled reliability and serviceability is March Networks’ GURU, a free smartphone application built to save technicians time and costs in the field. Using the industry-first application to scan unique QR codes on each RideSafe GT Series recorder, technicians gain instant access to diagnostic and product warranty information, as well as express return and repair processing.
• Rapidly access live and recorded video. Incorporating high-speed wireless video extraction, the RideSafe solution allows transit operators to automatically download recorded video along with synchronized GPS data as vehicles enter maintenance yards, fueling depots or other WiFi areas. This wireless capability also enables authorized staff and law enforcement to view live or recorded video from any vehicle on demand – a critical capability for emergency response.
“RideSafe will help transportation agencies worldwide reduce costly liability claims, enhance safety and deter crime, all while improving operational efficiency,” said Net Payne, Chief Marketing Officer, March Networks. “With a demonstrable return on investment, RideSafe provides our transit customers with a high-performance platform that can easily scale to accommodate future requirements.”Source: marchnetworks.com