As a diamond-level sponsor and exhibitor of the National School Board Association Conference (NSBA) March 30-April 1, Social Sentinel will serve as the go-to resource for the latest in school safety and security.
Social Sentinel, which uses advanced technology coupled with industry and subject matter expertise to protect educational communities from harm, will host daily learning sessions, demo its new, industry-first solutions, and spearhead charitable giving efforts in partnership with NSBA to support DonorsChoose.org .
Social Sentinel’s founder and CEO, Dr. Gary Margolis, will kick off the keynote on Day 2 of the event in front of nearly 5,000 attendees with a look at how Social Sentinel’s groundbreaking
technology is on the frontlines of safety, security, wellness and violence prevention in more than 3,500 schools across the United States.
During the show, booth #1207 will be the destination for discussions, insights and products that support the need for safer communities.
Learning Sessions with Renowned Experts*
- The Impacts of Mental Awareness in the Classroom with Dr. Blaise Aguirre, Medical Director, 3East DBT-Continuum, McLean Hospital; Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
- Threat Management and Why It Matters with Dr. Marisa Randazzo, Managing Director, SIGMA Threat Management Associates; Former Chief Research Psychologist, United States Secret Service; Author
- The Changing Language of Adolescence with Dr. Julie Roberts, Professor and Director, Linguistics Program; Executive Secretary, American Dialect Society, University of
- Leveraging Contextually-Driven Artificial Intelligence for Safer Schools with Desmond U. Patton, PhD, MSW, Associate Professor, Columbia University School of Social Work; Member of the Data Science Institute; Faculty Associate, Berkman Klein Center, Harvard University; Director: SAFElab
- The Social Sentinel Platform with Dr. Gary Margolis, founder and CEO of Social Sentinel (in Study Hall area)
- Social Media 101 with Alex Tursi, Social Sentinel (in Study Hall area)
*Learning Sessions will take place in our School Safety Learning Center room #103A upstairs from the main convention floor
New Technology, Products and Actionable Insights that Protect and Save Lives
Social Sentinel has strengthened its platform with these sophisticated products that are powered by AI, operate safely with respect to privacy, and deliver safety and wellness information in real time:
- Enriched social media scanning – delivering meaningful results to clients means having access to the conversations where they’re happening on public social media platforms. Social Sentinel scans and processes 1 billion public data points daily to be at the center of safety-related conversations.
- Integration with Gmail – using the same proprietary approach to scanning public social media, Social Sentinel has integrated Gmail into its platform. Email scanning for Gmail gives schools an important perspective on conversations happening around bullying, harm and violence, as well as the overall sentiment of the school, helping to inform social and emotional wellness programs
- shareit – a safe, anonymous reporting platform that gives students a channel for sharing their thoughts on overall wellness and safety-related concerns. By capturing the range of sentiments, educators can better understand the social and emotional climate of their school
- One view of all your insights – Social Sentinel products now neatly roll up into a centralized, easy-to-use, single point of access dashboard that integrates insights, reporting, system performance and more.
Social Sentinel will be at the NSBA conference in Philadelphia March 30-April 1, Booth 1207.
Social Sentinel is a mission-driven technology company dedicated to protecting communities by providing safety and security insights from social media and public data sources. As an industry trailblazer, Social Sentinel helps detect potential acts of harm by assessing public information against its proprietary Sentinel Search Library.Source: socialsentinel.com