ASIS International, the world’s largest association of security management professionals, is pleased to announce its 2018 Commission on Standards and Guidelines.
The 28-member commission ensures the standards and guidelines development process is voluntary, non proprietary, and consensus-based, utilizing the knowledge, experience, and expertise of ASIS members and the global security community.
“This past year, the Commission took purposeful steps to broaden its membership composition and to chart a path forward that aligns with new organizational goals and strategies, as well as addressing the needs of security professionals worldwide,” said Sue Carioti, ASIS International Vice President, Certifications, Standards & Guidelines.
“We are pleased to welcome 20 new members to the 2018 Commission. These individuals bring diverse perspectives, fresh ideas and a wealth of global experience to their roles.”
Top priorities include continuation of work on standards in the areas of security awareness, private security officer selection and training, and workplace violence prevention and intervention.
The Commission will also review existing standards and guidelines with an emphasis on relevancy and gap analysis, consider the restructure of standards and guidelines programs, and increase integration in ASIS knowledge and learning programs.
ASIS International 2018 Commission on Standards and Guidelines:
- Bernard Greenawalt, CPP, Securitas Security Services USA, Chair
- Eugene Ferraro, CPP, PCI, ForensicPathways, Inc., Vice Chair
- Charles Baley, Farmers Group, Inc.
- Bruce Braes, CPP, Jacobs
- Darryl Branham, CPP, Avnet
- Herbert Calderon, CPP, PCI, PSP, CCM2L
- Robert Carotenuto, CPP, PCI, PSP, New York Botanical Garden
- Werner Cooreman, CPP, PSP, Solvay
- Michael Crane, CPP, Securisks
- Michael Cummings, CPP, Cummings Security Consulting, LLC
- William Daly, Control Risks
- David Dodge, CPP, PCI, David Dodge & Associates
- Lisa DuBrock, Radian Compliance
- Tommy Hansen, CPP, Stavanger
- Glen Kitteringham, CPP, Kitteringham Security Group
- Ronald Lander, CPP, Ultrasafe Security Solutions
- Bryan Leadbetter, CPP, Arconic
- Ronald Martin, CPP, Open Security Exchange
- Juan Munoz, CPP, Associated Projects International
- Angela Osborne, PCI, Guidepost Solutions
- Werner Preining, CPP, Interpool Security
- Malcolm Reid, CPP, Brisol
- Jeffrey Slotnick, CPP, PSP, Setracon Enterprise Security Risk Management Services
- J Kelly Stewart, Newcastle Consulting
- Timothy Sutton, CPP, GHG Management, LLC
- John Villines, CPP, PCI, PSP, John C Villines
- Roger Warwick, CPP, Pyramid Temi Group
- Allan Wick, CPP, PCI, PSP, Tri State Generation & Transmission
The work of preparing ASIS Standards and Guidelines is carried out through the ASIS International Standards and Guidelines Commission and its committees.
ASIS International is an ANSI accredited Standards Development Organization and actively participates in the International Organization for Standardization, developing standards and guidelines within a voluntary, non proprietary and consensus-based process, utilizing the knowledge, experience and expertise of ASIS membership, security professionals and the global security industry.Source: asisonline.org