Digital Watchdog (DW™), the industry leader in digital recorders, surveillance cameras, and related management software, announces the release of DW Spectrum™ IP Video Management Software (VMS) version 2.3.
This significant update restructures the software’s architecture, replacing the server system and simplifying the user’s experience with easy management of multiple servers and sites.
In addition to the software’s existing popular features and user interface, the update adds new features that make the user experience with the software easier and more robust, while adding additional layers of data protection and redundancy.
DW Spectrum IP VMS is an elegantly easy, cutting-edge approach to managing HD surveillance video in enterprise environments.
DW Spectrum addresses the primary obstacles and limitations of managing enterprise-level systems while offering the lowest total cost of deployment and ownership of any solution on the market today.
The software offers dynamic features such as thumbnail search, adjustable time line and smart motion search to quickly find the exact time you need to watch in an instant.
The software is cross-platform, offering Windows®, iOS®, MAC®, Android® and Linux® solutions.
Combined with quick installation and instant network mapping and discovery, you can start viewing your entire security system in a matter of minutes.
DW Spectrum is a perfect solution for any application that requires ease of use, speed, efficiency and unprecedented image quality.
The new software version 2.3 includes features including automatic failover, one-click system-wide upgrades and no single point of failure (server clustering).
In case of server failure, cameras will immediately be transferred to other available servers. And with no single point of failure, all servers in a system continuously synchronize their configuration settings, creating a system capable of adapting to server failures in real-time and ensures no single point of failure.
If a failed server once again becomes available, cameras will return to their original server. New Video Wall integration allows you to control an unlimited number of video wall/remote monitors in real time from a single client.
Video Wall is a licensed feature at an additional cost — with each license adding 1 user and 2 screens.
With DW Spectrum version 2.3, system administrators can upgrade an entire system from any client connected to the system with or without an Internet connection.
Software features include:
- Easy System Setup, Configuration, Monitoring and Recording, Auto Device Discovery and Registration, Auto Network Configuration
- Intelligent Video Stream Management of High Definition Images
- The Easiest Transition from Analog to Digital in the Industry
- Customizable Layouts with E-Mapping Capabilities
- Seamless Transition from Live to Playback
- Smart Motion Search™
- Turn One Camera into Many with Forensic SpyGlass™
- Universal Fisheye Dewarping (NEW!)
- Rules and Actions Event Customization, Motion e-Mail Nonfictions with Video Link and Snapshot, Text-to-Speech for Event Notifications and Archive Log
- Enterprise Scalability with Simplified System Expansion (NEW!)
- Edge Integration (NEW!)
- Automatic Failover (NEW!)
- One-time Recording License Charge, Fully Transferable between Cameras and Encoders, Panoramic Camera Single Licensing, One-click Complete System Upgrade (NEW!)
- Open Architecture with Integrated Server API & SDK (NEW!)
- Cross Platform: Windows, Linux, MAC OS, iOS and Android
- Dual Stream Recording
- Visual Motion Detection Indicator
- Web-based Camera Settings (NEW!)
- Advanced Camera and Server Diagnostics
- Web Admin Redesign (NEW!)
- No Single Point of Failure (NEW!)
- Video Wall Integration (NEW!)