Chateau Ameba aims to produce more attractive programs by utilizing KAIROS’ intuitive GUI to spur creativity and enhance operation efficiency.
CyberAgent has invested in KAIROS, Panasonic’s revolutionary IT/IP-based video production platform, for use in each of the eight studios at its production base Chateau Ameba, making it the largest installation*1 of KAIROS to date.
Chateau Ameba is a production hub operated by CyberAgent for the video streaming service “ABEMA”. It delivers a wide array of programs to 20 channels, and covering a multitude of genres 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Being able to produce high-quality programs efficiently was crucial to CyberAgent, who are looking to introduce remote production into its process with KAIROS in order to improve the efficiency of its operations.
KAIROS has superb features and functions that enable efficient and expressive production and operation of various programs in the full range of genres offered by ABEMA.
CyberAgent therefore decided to incorporate KAIROS and take advantage of its excellent system flexibility to support its wide variety of content requirements. The company gave particularly high evaluations to KAIROS’ multi-layer capability with unlimited number of MEs or keys, which is made possible by the GPU based video processing. The easy-to-use, intuitive GUI and expandability of functions empowered by the IT-based open architecture was also well received.
Mr. Nobuteru Kondo at CyberAgent gave the following comment on the adoption of KAIROS, ”AMEBA aims to ‘reinvent broadcast TV.’ In situations where unprecedented technical challenges are needed, KAIROS matches the direction we are aiming for. The high performance of KAIROS is also very attractive. I believe that the eight KAIROS systems we installed will be utilized by all our staff members involved in the production of programs in various genres for creating more enjoyable programs for our viewers. In the next stage, we would like to reform the workflow by utilizing remote production and IP and achieve compatibility with a variety of formats such as 4K and portrait videos.”
Panasonic continues to promote the platform for connecting videos and IT in efforts to help resolve issues in live video production and provide new value to the industry.
System Configuration Overview
- AT-KC100 Kairos Core 100 (Main Frame): 1 unit
AT-SF003 Canvas Option (software key) and
AT-SF005 Audio Mixer Option (software key) included
- AT-KC10C1 Kairos Control (Control Panel): 1 unit
- AT-SFC10 Kairos Creator (GUI Software, Software Key): 1 system
The same system will be delivered to each of the eight studios.
About the IT/IP platform “KAIROS”
The IT/IP platform “KAIROS” is a live video production
platform developed based on a new concept and innovative architecture.
It incorporates proprietary, ground-breaking software to maximize the
CPU and GPU capacities for video processing.
KAIROS significantly improves the quality and productivity of live video production in applications such as recording of concerts and other events as well as video production, stage presentation and video delivery applications by broadcasting stations.
Main features of KAIROS
1. Versatility of video expression
- Allows use of unlimited numbers of layers, keys and scaling within the GPU’s processing capability.
- Equipped with extensive effect functions and title generator.
2. Software with intuitive GUI
- PC software with intuitive GUI for easy setting and operation.
- Enables multi-view (MV1/MV2) monitoring.
3. Open platform
- Software can be added for the purposes of expanding functions and linking with external devices.
- Equipped with powerful macro functions that enables automation of control for invoking a series of operations in a batch.
4. Compatibility with IP technology
- Supports SRT/RTP/RTMP/RTSP streaming in addition to IP input/output of ST2110 and NDI®. *2
- Supports PTP (Precision Time Protocol) IP-based synchronization standard.