Installing a home security camera is now as simple as screwing in a light bulb thanks to LightCam, an innovative new smart light bulb camera.
LightCam, which has already launched a successful Indiegogo campaign toward an August product launch, seeks to reduce the clutter and headache that comes with setting up a new security camera system and change the way people think about home surveillance.
LightCam is designed to work with any standard light socket. Just simply twist it in to begin monitoring your home or business.
It’s an unobtrusive, easy solution for any home or residence. LightCam also brings the benefits of smart home surveillance to millions of renters who can’t install cameras due to rental restrictions.
LightCam provides private, secure monitoring from your phone, full smart light control including the latest security camera features, and easily twists into any light socket with no wires, batteries, or mandatory monthly fees.
“We designed LightCam to be a versatile and affordable security camera for your home,” said Daniel Swiss, the inventor of LightCam. “LightCam requires no drilling, no wires, and no hassle. You just plug it in, turn it on and it works.”
Features and benefits of LightCam include:
- Easy setup – download the LightCam app, scan the QR code, screw your LighCam in, and connect LightCam to your WiFi
- Sleek, inconspicuous, low profile design
- Can be used both inside or out (weather rated)
- LightCam can see up to 25 feet in the dark through its infrared sensors
- Uses LED lights rated to last 15-20 years
- 1080p HD camera delivers crisp, detailed images directly to your phone, tablet, or computer
- Smart motion alerts sent directly to your phone
- The built-in speaker and microphone allows for 2-way communication between you and any visitors
- Records about a week of rolling HD video with the encrypted, built-in storage, it can also be backed up to your phone, computer, or online storage (i.e. Dropbox, Gdrive, LightCamDrive, etc.)
- Only you have access – each LightCam comes with a unique QR code that ensures only you can use it
- LightCam extends down, rotates a locking 360*, and can accommodate virtually any lens angle
- A unique, patent-pending lens skirt telescopes from the body allowing LightCam to avoid lens glare in glass enclosed light fixtures.
LightCam has a wide range of additional real-world uses, including allowing parents to keep an eye on their kids playing outside, business owners to keep tabs on their business while traveling, ensuring delivered packages don’t go missing, or as a gift for an aging parent to help consumers have peace of mind.
In 2016, Swiss was inspired with the idea for LightCam when he discovered a need for a security camera in his own home that didn’t involve extensive wiring.
He realized that if he had this issue, there were many other homeowners facing similar problems when it came to camera installation.
“LightCam is poised to make the security camera market more accessible to the public,” Swiss added. “We will transform your residence into a more secure, smart home.”
LightCam’s weather rated and unique design, allows the smart light bulb to be set up anywhere at your home or business.Source: lightcam.com