Digital Watchdog announces the release of the new DW Mobile Witness™ mobile application for iOS smart phones and tablets. The DW Mobile Witness app turns the camera on a supported smartphone or tablet into a surveillance camera that can be viewed and recorded with a Digital Watchdog® VMAX IP PLUS™ PoE Network Video Recorder (NVR).
“Imagine, a security officer on patrol can now transmit and record his point of view using his smartphone as a security camera, like a personal ‘black box,'” said Mark Espenschied, Director of Marketing, Digital Watchdog. “The recording of what he sees is in synchronization with the video from the other video cameras connected to the system. If there is an incident, the video evidence is available from all available angles.”
VMAX IP Plus™, the best PoE NVR for small-to-medium-sized businesses (SMB), keeps getting better. The DW Mobile Witness app joins Three-Minute Installation, CCIPTM password-encrypted camera streams, thumbnail search, performance monitoring, system analysis and easy PathFinderTM Peer-to-Peer Mobile Access as dynamic features that set the VMAX IP PlusTM apart from the competition.
There must be an available channel on the VMAX IP PlusTM NVR. Enter into the app the URL of the NVR, the NVR’s User ID and Password. If the phone or tablet is connected to the Internet (via 3G or 4G), the device’s camera now appears on the NVR and is being recorded. The app is now available on the Apple® App Store. Support for audio will be added in October, with an Android® app coming in November.
- You Control the Recording from the App.
- Supports Front and Rear Cameras.
- Provides a “Black Box” for Vehicles or Personnel.
- Video Resolution: 1080p, 720p, 480p or 288p.
- Frame Rate: 30fps, 25fps, 15fps or 5fps.
- Auto Flash, Flash On or Flash Off.
- iPhone and iPad devices running iOS 8.0 or Higher.
- Wi-Fi Connection or 3G/4G Cellular Coverage Required.
- Digital Watchdog VMAX IP PlusTM PoE NVR