Boon Edam Inc., is showcasing integrated technologies to mitigate tailgating in booth #1103 at the GSX (formerly ASIS) exhibition in Chicago, IL from September 10-12.
Demonstrating their continuing growth and evolution, the company’s recently-named CEO Valerie Anderson is in attendance this year in her new role.
As the official turnstile sponsor of the show, Boon Edam has placed turnstiles at all entrances to the exhibit hall for show attendees to pass through.
“Access technologies, such as card readers and biometric devices, are critical for controlling entry into secure areas, but you can’t really address tailgating unless you pair them with an appropriate security entrance,” said Tracie Thomas, Vice President of Marketing, Boon Edam.
“We are proud to showcase our products at GSX where each has an integrated credential reading technology and all the entrances are networked to an access control system. Because of this integration, customers can get a real sense of how a complete solution will work together to address tailgating.”
The following solutions will be on display in Boon Edam’s booth:
- Lifeline Speedlane Swing Optical Turnstile: The industry’s slimmest and most stylish optical turnstile will feature a custom, integrated pedestal that incorporates the MorphoWave™ touchless fingerprint technology from IDEMIA. This solution enables high throughput with the enhanced security of rapid biometric identification, all in a compact, cohesive design.
- New! Lifeline Boost Access Control Pedestal:The Boost is a brand-new access control pedestal designed by Boon Edam to complement the popular Lifeline optical turnstile series. The Boost will include the latest version of Essex’s credential card reader, now with optical Bluetooth and OSDP capability, the iRox-T with BLE expands for HID Global’s Mobile Access solutions.
- Tourlock 180+90 Security Revolving Door: The entrance of choice for the Fortune 500, the Tourlock will feature an AMAG Symmetry card reader to demonstrate access control integration paired with the door’s uniquely high, bi-directional throughput and its ability to prevent tailgating and piggybacking without manned supervision.
- Circlelock Mantrap Portal: Offering the highest level of security available in an entrance, the Circlelock security portal prevents intrusion into the most sensitive areas such as data centers. The portal will be configured to demonstrate two-factor authentication: an AMAG Symmetry card reader on the outside of the portal conducts the initial authorization, while facial recognition provides instant authentication inside the portal. The secure, edge-based facial recognition access control device by Alcatraz, called the Rock, can also be experienced at their booth (GSX booth #1047).
- BoonConnect Software: An IP-addressable, proprietary software system providing diagnostic and configuration tools for the Tourlock security revolving door and Circlelock mantrap portal. Users can remotely access door operations and events using devices such as a tablet, laptop or smartphone via a secured corporate network.
Boon Edam is also offering a tailgating-themed prize giveaway at the show to celebrate being named in a report by IHS Markit® as market leader for security entrances. All visitors to GSX are invited to participate by visiting booth #1103 during show hours.
Participants can win a variety of prizes to help them make the most of the upcoming tailgating season: the Big Green Egg grill, a YETI cooler and more. Winners will be selected at random after the exhibition, and an announcement will be made to all participants via email by Friday, September 27.Source: boonedam.us