Combined reader and controller delivers more applications for access control, fast installation and a fluid, mobile user experience
Brivo announces the launch of the ACS100 all-in-one reader and controller. Designed to lower hardware costs and make installation easier and faster, the ACS100 is used with Brivo Mobile Pass, and secure physical credentials to deliver better affordability and broaden the application for access control at more doors.
A key feature of the ACS100 is Fluid Access, which allows users to unlock doors without removing their mobile credentials from their pockets. In a time when reduced physical contact can halt the spread of germs, the ACS100 delivers a hands-free access solution to unlock doors.
“The trend with landlords and property managers is to look for more architecturally pleasing products throughout their buildings. A plain old industrial-looking reader just doesn’t cut it anymore,” said Steve Van Till, President, and CEO of Brivo.
“Between the evolution of great looking IoT products in the smart home environment, plus the PropTech focus on occupant amenities, today’s products have to deliver both good experiences and good aesthetics.”
Key benefits of the ACS100 combination reader and controller include:
- Multi-technology reader and controller all in one convenient device
- Scales from single door to the largest multi-site, global deployments
- Architectural finishes, form factors, and colors to match property aesthetics
- Designed for hands-free user experience with Fluid Access
- Multiple credential technology supports both mobile and smart cards
- Supports a second external reader for in/out and antipassback applications
- Encrypted data storage and communications to meet the highest security standards
- Indoor and outdoor rating for broader use cases
- Lower hardware costs and faster installation
“We’ve seen a steady trend over the last 10 years toward IoT devices on the edge of the network, and away from traditional centralized control panels,” explained Van Till.
“We’ve supported this migration with several different flavors of PoE controllers over earlier product cycles, so the ACS100 represents the logical next step in this shift of customer preferences to a single product that takes the place of two pieces of hardware and all the wiring between them.”
Brivo is the global leader in cloud-based access control and security platforms for commercial and multifamily properties. Hundreds of software partners and end-users use APIs and SDKs to extend solutions to unique vertical market offerings.Source: brivo.com