Demand for video surveillance equipment is likely to continue growing rapidly in 2017, however, price competition will remain intense. In its complimentary whitepaper, IHS Markit forecasts the world market will grow at an annual rate of less than 7%.
Competition will not make it easy for vendors to grow revenues and margins. Some will fail in this regard and further consolidation of the supply base is inevitable. However, there will be opportunities for well-placed vendors and some end-user sectors will also grow quickly.
So, what will be the big stories in 2017? Cybersecurity, deep learning analytics, security drones, and the diversification of Chinese video surveillance equipment manufacturers are just some of the trends discussed in our seventh annual whitepaper on trends for the year ahead.
To help you plan for 2017 and beyond review these highlights:
- Video Surveillance Cybersecurity: the industry getting to grips with scale of the threat
- Deep learning revolution
- Chinese vendors continue to diversify
- Body worn cameras: shift to live streaming
- Droning On! Security drones set to take-off
- HD CCTV demand: high in some countries but not in China
- Safe Cities: the building block of smarter cities
- The evolution of VMS user interfaces