Software Upgrade, Point of View Camera & New Video Compression Capabilities Answer Customer Solution Needs
Panasonic Systems Communications Company of North America, a leader in connected solutions that support the mission of law enforcement, announced several upgrades for its evidence management system. These include: Unified Evidence Management (UEMS) 1.3 software upgrade, Point of View Camera, and upgraded video compression capabilities.
“The needs of law enforcement are constantly evolving and Panasonic works hard to ensure that we are always listening to our customers and putting out the best solutions possible,” said John Cusick, Senior Category Manager, Panasonic Systems Communications Company of North America. “Our new software upgrade, point of view camera and upgraded video compression capabilities add to the ruggedness and reliability, as well as the long battery life, of the current system and solutions.”
Key features and benefits of UEMS 1.3 include:
- H.265 (HEVC) and H.264, Body Worn Video Recording Modes
- Reduces storage usage up to 25 % (est.), using H.265 / HEVC recording
- Improved Search Time and Results Responsiveness
- New In-Car Recorder Setting options
- Case File Masking, Formatting, and Validation in Back End Client
- Support for Windows Server 2016 Operating System Version
- Support for Windows SQL Server 2014 SP2 and 2016 SP Versions
- Improved In-Car Recorder Setting options
Key features and benefits of the Point of View Camera:
- Size: 0.76 x 2.76 inches
- Weight 1.76 oz
- FOV D: 129 deg, H: 115, V: 68
- Video/Photo Resolutions Available [16:9] 1080p, 720p, 360p
- Waterproof Rating IP55 / MIL-STD-810G
Video Compression Capabilities:
Camera platform now includes H.265 / HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) video recording, which will help agencies store their videos more efficiently.
All of these solutions, as well as the full line of Evidence Management products can be seen at IACP in Philadelphia from October 23-24 in booth #4125.
Panasonic System Communications Company of North America, Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, delivers reliable technology solutions for government and commercial enterprises. Technologies include mobile computing devices and support services, point-of-sale solutions, video surveillance systems, video evidence capture and management solutions, professional displays, projectors, digital signage, video production equipment, and office communications and productivity solutions.Source: panasonic.com